Updated on October 1, 2022
Following a successful launch in critical areas of Visayas and Mindanao, initial users have lauded the speed and reliability of the country’s newest telco player, DITO Telecommunity.
On April 16, DITO announced its expansion to 21 additional cities, including some areas in Luzon, which sparked everyone’s interest in experiencing the difference DITO can provide.
The following information about the network’s products and services may be helpful to those considering DITO:
- A description of the next-generation technology – While the term “next-generation technology” is frequently used, what does it mean for everyday internet users? The use of next-generation technologies in telecommunications can be summarized in two words: Connectivity on a Never-Before-Seen Scale. Advanced technology enables more direct, faster, and optimized connections, resulting in efficiency beyond mobile devices. When users subscribe to DITO, they can be confident that they will receive innovative and dependable data services built on world-class digital infrastructure and technology.
- VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is an acronym for Voice over LTE – VoLTE, an acronym for Voice over LTE, is one of the next-generation mobile applications available to DITO users. Simply put, VoLTE means that the telco company allows you to make voice calls over the faster and more reliable LTE network, rather than the slower and less reliable 2G and 3G networks. Remember when your data connection would automatically disconnect whenever you received a phone call? You won’t have to worry about any of that with VoLTE. VoLTE enables higher-quality phone calls by utilizing additional bandwidth.
- What does “interconnected” mean? Republic Act 7925 requires the interconnection of telecommunications providers to provide universal access to Filipinos and ensure fair and healthy competition. This enables DITO subscribers to make and receive phone calls and text messages on other mobile networks.
- Which phones are compatible with DITO? – As DITO ushers in a new era of telecommunications with next-generation technology, it is critical to pair your DITO SIM with a DITO-compatible cell phone to maximize the benefits of this new technology. Additionally, there is no cost involved. There are phones for every budget, from entry-level to mid-range to high-end, and all are DITO-compatible. For additional information, please see the complete list here. If your current phone is not listed, check back frequently because DITO is constantly testing new phone brands and models to expand access to DITO’s high-speed, secure data. Certain phones not yet on the official list may connect to the DITO network, but this is purely for qualification and testing purposes. Wait for your specific phone model to be added to the list of compatible phones to ensure a seamless and high-quality user experience.
- What areas are covered by DITO? – In Visayas, Mindanao, Central Luzon, and South Luzon, commercial DITO coverage is available. Visit DITO’s Official Facebook Page for the most up-to-date list of DITO-covered regions. Watch for exciting news from DITO in the coming days as they reveal new locations and products.
Additionally, you can visit their website to stay current on DITO news and developments.
Participate in our Discussion Forum
Follow us on Social Media
Our Facebook Page: Cloudsmate